Premier Recognizes Texas Health Resources with 2013 Richard Norling Award for Excellence
Tags: premier GPO, premier healthcare alliance, texas health norling award winner, texas healthcare winner
Texas Health is the sole winner among more than 2,700 of the nation’s leading hospitals that are members of the Premier healthcare alliance. The award honors the system that has advanced the alliance’s work the most during the past year through leadership and collaboration with other health systems.
“Texas Health has been a true partner since joining the alliance 15 years ago, setting care delivery standards and then sharing best practices and lessons learned to the benefit of communities nationwide,” said Premier President and CEO Susan DeVore. “They spearhead our efforts to leverage the power of collaboration to achieve higher quality, more cost-effective healthcare – a goal that could not be more appropriate or necessary at this time in our nation’s history.”
Examples of Texas Health achievements as a member of the Premier alliance include:
- Nine system hospitals are top performers in QUEST®: High Performing Hospitals, a national performance improvement collaborative with more than 350 participants. Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle was the only hospital to receive the 2012 QUEST Award for High-value Healthcare.
- Top performance in the Premier Perinatal Safety Initiative, one of the nation’s largest and most sophisticated perinatal improvement initiatives reducing harm to babies and mothers, and lowering associated liability claims and pay-outs.
- Texas Health hospitals have consistently been honored by Premier for superior supply chain performance and innovation. And they helped to develop Premier’s clinical, labor, supply chain and safety applications.
- Texas Health is a founding member of American Excess Insurance Exchange, RRG, an alliance of systems that own and manage their excess professional and general liability insurance program that is managed by Premier Insurance Management Services.
- System representatives serve on Premier committees that help lead alliance members in efforts to transform and improve healthcare.
“We value this honor and our collaboration with Premier,” said Douglas D. Hawthorne, FACHE, CEO of Texas Health Resources. “As Texas Health strives to transform the delivery of healthcare in North Texas, we treasure the ability to share our knowledge and experiences with nationally benchmarked health systems through our participation in the Premier alliance.”
One of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States, Texas Health includes 25 hospitals with more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges. In 2012, it was recognized by Hospitals & Health Networks as a 2012 Most Wired Innovator; and U.S. News and World Report named four Texas Health hospitals the “most connected” in the U.S., as well as to its Best Hospitals in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area. The system was also named to IMS Health’s list of Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks.
The health system received the Norling Award on January 29, 2013, during Premier’s annual Governance Education Conference in Scottsdale, Ariz. Previous award winners include Bon Secours Health System Inc. and Banner Health.
Ever heard the old saying that “you get out of life what you put into it”? Or better yet, how about “nothing ventured, nothing gained?” For Texas Health to be singled-out across 2700 competitive facilities says something about its character. Hard work, determination, and a positive attitude are a few things that come to mind. Congratulations to Texas Health!